Having a new year resolution helps you prepare for the new year; and actually meeting that resolution makes you definitely feel more accomplished and better about yourself. Here are a few common resolutions and tips on how to meet them successfully…
- The resolution to lose weight – this is, by, one of the most commonly made resolutions for the new year. To make this happen, it’s very important that you have a plan. Cut off the all the junk food, and learn to eat healthier (another common new year resolution). Reduce your sugar and salt intake. Start small, by doing a few simple exercises. Move forwards to the more intense workouts with the help of a personal trainer. Don’t forget to drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated as well.
- The resolution to travel more – when there is the entire world to explore, it is pretty unfortunate that we spend so much of our lives stuck in one city. If travelling is part of your new year’s resolution, and the lack of finances is your biggest issue, then we have a simple solution. No matter how tight the situation might be, every pay day, allot a certain amount for your travel expenses. Start seeing the places closer to you. Once you’ve achieved that, you’ll be motivated to save up for the more expensive travelling.
- The resolution to become more confident – in a world of high definition cameras and the unforgiving internet, it’s no surprise that we are not as confident over ourselves as we should be. To become more confident, the most important tip is to accept yourself; flaws and all. You can obviously try to eliminate all those things that you think is a flaw in yourself (like hitting the gym for a more fit body or reading a little more to be more knowledgeable); but for those things that you can’t change, acceptance is a better option.
- The resolution to read more – is reading a passion of yours? Has your busy schedule been interfering with your passion for reading? Do you hardly get around to buying new books? The easiest solution for this is to make sure you have enough material; so you will have to read…inevitably putting yourself back in the habit of reading. If you don’t really have a lot of time to shop for your books, online book shopping or monthly book subscriptions are a great option for you.
- The resolution to sleep better – we might not have a scientific reason for sleeping; but we certain know how vital it is for our existence and general performance. If getting 7-9 hours of sleep is your goal of the year, then you need to change a few daily habits. Being more active during the day (i.e. tiring yourself), eating dinner early, avoiding caffeine in the later half of the day…these all affect your sleep. You might also want to pay attention to things in your room that keeps you awake; like the TV in your room.